Derek J. Allen, Founded Silhouette Media in 1992. Since it’s formation, Silhouette Media has played a crucial role in countless award willing projects. We specialize in all forms of video productions. From corporate communications to commercial advertising; from music videos to narrative films, We’ve seen it all. Over the years, we have seen an increased use of the web as the main method of content distribution. To address this trend, we also offer website design and development for companies and organizations of all sizes.
As Director of Photography, Derek has contributed to many independent films, commercials, television shows, documentaries, corporate, and industrial projects. He also has an extensive knowledge of the latest technologies for digital media production, post production, as well DVD and web development.
- Seasoned Videographer with over 20 years of video production experience including cinematography, videography, video editing, studio lighting and directing.
- Extensive experience lighting, filming and editing of interviews, documentary style vérité, narratives, multi-camera productions, commercials, products, live music and events.
- Talented video editor with experience in short form, long form and multi-camera productions.
- Wide knowledge of production technology; Canon, Sony, Panasonic Camcorders, Adobe Creative Suite CC, Final Cut Pro Studio, and the Mac operating system.
- Skilled in DVD Authoring using DVD Studio Pro.
- Skilled in web development using WordPress, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and HTML
- Experienced in encoding video for high quality online distribution.
- A dynamic and multifaceted team player with the ability to work independently, self-motivated, multi-tasks, excellent time management skills, responsible, reliable, friendly and adapts quickly.
Editor – Exhale, Aspire TV; Black Robin Media; Washington, DC Exhale is an 8 episode 1 hr television series airing on Aspire TV. Role: TV Series Editor / Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and DVD Studio Pro.
DP/Editor – The Root 100, Aspire TV; Black Robin Media; Washington, DC The Root 100 is an 8 episode 1 hr television series airing on Aspire TV. Role: TV Series DP / (3) Panasonic AF100, Canon c300 Role: TV Series Editor / Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and DVD Studio Pro.
DP/Editor – RAM Trucks; Black Robin Media; Washington, DC Series of seven web promo campaign for featuring RAM Commercial trucks. Role: DP/Editor (2) Panasonic AF100, GoPro, ShotShifter slider, dolly, Porta-Jib, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC
DP – I Want That, DIY Network; Fog Edge Media; Silver Spring, MD I Want That is a fast paced, up close look at the hottest home improvement products around, airing on the DIY Network. Role: DP – Panasonic AF100, GoPro, ShotShifter slider
DP/Editor – Verizon; USA Recently completed a series of same day – shoot, edit, deliver videos for technology trade shows. Role: DP/Editor – Panasonic AF100, Final Cut Pro Studio
[su_box title=”Clients” box_color=”#fc943a” title_color=”#ffffff” radius=”6″]
American Red Cross
Black Robin Media
Capital View Productions
Council on Legal Education Opportunities (CLEO)
Fog Edge Media
Internal Revenue Service
National Association of Home Builders
NBC 4 WRC
Rock Creek Productions
US Tennis Association (USTA)